My Global Industrial client specializing in mining is looking for a self-starter who “owns’ their role. Located in SW Calgary by Mount Royal University. We look for exceptional individuals with the right technical know-how and attitude for advancing in our dynamic environment. We foster a learning atmosphere that encourages and enables individuals to provide solid, tangible results in their role. We want people who are looking for careers, not just jobs, and who expect their professional development to be a continuous process.
Reporting to Senior Management, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Bookkeeper for our Calgary head office. you will be responsible for maintaining the corporate accounting books and generating associated deliverables such as client billing, supplier payments, CRA interaction, and regular financial reports to management. We are looking for an experienced Accounting professional delivering solid Financial functions paired with a progressive mindset topped with high attention to details.
Your extensive experience with Quickbooks accounting software and overall corporate accounting requirements will assist management in developing strategic business planning, and ensure regulatory compliance with CRA.
- Responsible for full cycle A/R (creating invoices, managing collections).Maintaining details on excel
- Addressing all A/P, which include accurately entering vendor invoices, ensuring timely payments and reconciliation
- Hands on assistance of taking ownership of tasks, confident in taking initiative and in problem resolution
- Process, review and reconcile bi-weekly payroll for employees/contractors in a timely and accurate manner. This includes reviewing timesheets, system upload, payroll run and managing T4 and ROE’s
- Proper set up of hourly Employees and Contractors into the system. Know when to apply specific rates, OT pay etc. based on the project
- Create required management reports. Maintain all secure and confidential files
- Reconcile Bank Accounts Monthly
- In charge of completeness of billings
- Timely assessment and review month-end accruals
- Update and maintain accurate cash flow forecast
- Completing and analyzing month-end reporting and identifying discrepancies, variances, and trends
- Make various journal entries/adjustments to accounts as needed
- Other accounting support on all projects to the Project Accounting team as required
- Timely and accurate CRA submissions and reporting
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- You see a problem; you provide ideas for resolution. To innovate and create new, more efficient ways
- Promote the company; it’s people and talents
- Superior communication skills, able to motivate, mediate, mentor
- Enrollment or completion of the Canadian Payroll Association Designation Program and/or post-secondary education Accounting, Commerce, Finance would be an asset
- Minimum 3+ years of accounting and benefits experience
- Advanced MS Office skills, build complex Excel spreadsheets, create documents
- Must have in-depth experience with Quickbooks.
- Huge initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent accuracy, time management, problem-solving and organization skills
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines
- Interface positively and proactively with employees, contractors, clients and vendors
- Strong command of English language both written and verbal
- Experience in an industrial environment will be considered first
- Highly motivated, self-starter that is eager to join our dynamic, fast growing team
MillerNet HR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]://www.millernet.ca We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.