Senior Software Developer – APIs
Senior Software Developer – APIs
This position is a one-year contract.
MillerNet HR Solutions is an HR Consultancy firm working in all industries providing any HR solution for our clients across Western Canada. We also provide excellent Executive Leadership and Coaching for teams or individuals.
Our awesome client – geoLOGIC is a Calgary-based company that provides innovative analytic and data solutions to the Oil and Gas industry. We value a respectful and diverse workplace, believe success should be celebrated and offer numerous opportunities for growth.
Their flagship product geoSCOUT is the premier decision support tool in the industry. The geoLOGIC Data Centre (gDC) supplies customers and software partners with high-quality data in an open Public Petroleum Data Model. gDC Web is a web-based search tool which allows our customers to quickly look up well and land information anywhere they have an internet connection.
As a senior software developer in geoLOGIC’s online services group, you will be responsible for defining and building the foundation for our API platform. The gDC team is responsible for geoLOGIC’s online data delivery and the development of the data quality assurance system for all our internal ETL processes. To deliver these services we primarily use the Microsoft development stack – C#, ASP.NET, and WPF.
You bring 5+ years of experience specifically with APIs, and 5 to 10 years of software development experience. You have a strong team focus and a self-motivated drive for producing quality products. You have been involved with defining the software stack for a new product, and understand the complexities of releasing it.
How will you spend your day?
- Implementing an API platform to be used by geoLOGIC’s desktop application, SaaS offerings, and partners; including security, data metrics, performance, method standards, and documentation standards
- See the inherent challenges in all things; if a task is complicated, you simplify it; if it is simple, you excel at it; if it is mundane, you automate it
- Be a problem solver; be given any problem and will come back with solutions, or at least alternatives
- Be a perfectionist; you are not satisfied until your code is rock solid
- Be pragmatic; you implement the best solution for the problem, not the coolest solution, and can tell the difference
- See the big picture; we write software to solve real world problems
- Consultative, manage client relationship. Active in development meetings
- Researching coding
- Providing guidance to junior API developers
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Oracle querying and performance optimization
Ready to apply? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A strong understanding of all technical aspects of APIs
- Knowledge of overall system design for horizontal scaling
- Experience defining the technology stack and knowledge of 3rd party tools to accelerate API development
- Proficiency working in an agile environment
- Experience researching upcoming technology
- Ability to work with other technical teams, including partners, database developers, and operations
- Microsoft development stack, including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, C#, ASP.NET, and WCF
- Experience in the Oil and Gas would be considered an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter with Sr. Software developer to [email protected]
MillerNet HR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those that have been chosen for an interview will be contacted.