IT Network / System Technician
IT Network / System Technician
MillerNet HR Solutions is a Western Canadian HR Consulting firm. We provide all HR services to our many clients in various industries for any HR requirement on demand by the hour. We also offer Executive Coaching and Leadership Development programs that is making a real difference for the clients we serve; we improve communication, understand how and why we go into conflict, and most important, how to disarm conflict in ourselves and others. There is nothing like this out there.
My client dates back to 1995, providing fully managed services and support for all Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) convergence using our fully certified technicians and engineers for clients across Western Canada. My client recognizes integration of security into our client’s strategic planning enables them to minimize cyber threats and risks. We are your single source of expertise on both your corporate and field operational networks.
We are growing! As my client continues to expand, we aim to be an employer of choice for talented individuals who share our commitment to the future of IT/OT convergence. We promote an environment that allows individuals to truly have an impact in their role and have a voice as a member of the team. When you come on board you are part of a team that lets you work with the latest of technologies and enjoy increasing responsibilities.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Network / System Technician. Working under the direction of the Technical Manager you would be responsible for providing technical solutions for a variety of clients and situations. The successful candidate has superior Network and Microsoft infrastructure troubleshooting abilities, can think on their toes and stay calm under pressure while delivering diverse technical solutions. Experience with Control Systems preferred.
What you Bring:
- You see inherent challenges in all things; if a task is complicated, you simplify it; if it is simple, you excel at it.
- You’re a keen believer in continuous learning and professional growth.
- You’re a problem solver; given any problem and you come back with solutions and alternatives.
- You’re a perfectionist; you are not satisfied until your solutions are rock solid.
- You’re pragmatic; you implement the best solution for the problem, not the coolest solution, and can tell the difference.
- You bring your best ideas, passion, knowledge and experience with you every day.
- You’re accountable.
- You can work independently and in collaboration with peers
What you will be Responsible for:
- Developing system architecture designs and documentation
- Installation/configuration & maintenance of PC’s and servers
- Installation/configuration & maintenance of Network routers, switches, AP and radios
- Manage and maintain client network and communications infrastructure including wide area networks, ISP communications and IP phone system
- Ensure the integrity of the network and help reduce or eliminate downtime by troubleshooting system problems, monitoring network usage and performing scheduled maintenance
- Accurately configure and deploy network switches, routers and firewalls
- Administer and maintain firewall policies
- Maintain up-to-date firmware on switches, routers and firewalls
- Identify and close potential security risks
- Configure and manage VPN connectivity
- Consultative; manage strong client relationships in person, over the phone and via email.
Qualifications you Possess:
- Post-Secondary education (University Degree or equivalent) preferably in computer science or other technical discipline
- 4-6 years Network Administration experience
- CCNA / CCNP certification or equivalent experience
- MCSA / MCSE certification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work at client’s remote field locations in both supervised and unsupervised situations
- Experience with industrial control systems preferred
- Strong command of English language, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate technical information with clients both internal and external.
- Desire to make a real difference in a growing company, and have some fun along the way.
- First Aid, WHMIS and H2S valid certificates preferred
- Must have a valid Alberta Drivers license.
MillerNet HR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume with “IT Network / System Technician” in the Subject Line to [email protected]
We thank all interested applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.