Natural Gas Broker/Sales Rep– 6 month contract
Natural Gas Broker/Sales Rep– 6 month contract
MillerNet HR Solutions Inc. is an HR Consulting practice partnering with firms in Western Canada in numerous industries delivering full spectrum confidential HR Services. We also provide transitional leadership and executive coaching for teams or individuals. Expert Career Coaching advice.
Our amazing client, One Exchange Corp is an inter-dealer broker offering independent and unbiased brokerage services for the North American Natural Gas, Crude Oil and NGL markets.
At OX, we focus on delivering dynamic industry advancements with a competitive edge to ensure the satisfaction of our clients. We empower traders with THE OX Trading Platform, an advanced and sophisticated gateway to live market prices, bilateral trading with access to multiple clearing houses and straight through processing. OX is making big changes in the industry by aligning with another industry player to consolidate and publish a Canadian Crude Index allowing for a more transparent and efficient marketplace. This is a game changer for our industry!
We are growing and currently recruiting for a Natural Gas Broker/Sales to be part of the OX team for 6 months and could potentially lead to full time. This rewarding opportunity, under the direction of the President, has significant responsibility and requires operating independently on a busy trading floor. You must be keen on sales and marketing– proven ability to aggressively network with existing clients, cold-call via phone, and utilize social networking tools to grow the company network. You are completely comfortable meeting new people and “working a room”. The role requires one who can work in a pressured environment while maintaining calm. You thrive on meticulous and accurate deliverables being a real-valued team member. You are comfortable in an open office environment yet can focus on all that needs to be done. You have a fantastic entrepreneurial demeanor when interacting with clients and prospects. You can work under pressure, and smile doing it!
- Energized to meet new people and to continuously promote the OX Brand
- Easily build rapport and trust with those you meet. You are a great listener and amazing communicator
- Proven ability to aggressively network with existing clients, cold-call, and utilize social networking tools to grow the company network
- Attend industry events, set up face to face meetings and network comfortably
- Enthusiastically develop and maintain relationships in Canadian and US Natural Gas markets as directed
- Proactively develop and maintain Relationships with financial institutions and hedge funds
- Strategically need to identify all market participants in these regions and execute a strategy
- Through those relationships, create pools of liquidity that generate brokerage fees via closing deals
- Strong computer skills, no issue to learn/master a variety of in-house software programs.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with our clients and prospects ensuring increased revenue.
- Create an active strategy to keep in touch with our clients and prospects to insolate accounts to see the value that One Exchange brings to them.
- Actively gather and share relevant market intelligence with respect to general industry and competitor developments.
- Business Degree, Financial Degree or comparable. NEW GRADS WELCOME!
- Experience in the Natural Gas market(i.e. scheduling role) would be an asset.
- Proficient at MS suite – Excel, Word, Access as well as CRM’s.
- A positive, engaging attitude, with the ability to inspire internal and external clients.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, able to work independently with our clients while maintaining the interests of One Exchange.
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal with the ability to communicate technical information.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organization skills with multiple opportunities and deadlines.
- Displays sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- High level of initiative and resourcefulness. When you see something that needs to be done, do it! If you have an idea, share it!
- Able to adapt to a wide range of situations quickly, while adhering to daily but often changing deadlines and priorities.
- The desire to make a real difference within the company and have fun along the way.
Be part of an emerging team in the trading environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume with “Natural GasBroker/Sales” in the subject line. Apply to [email protected]
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.