Manufacturing Controller/Procurement-Purchasing Specialist
Manufacturing Controller/Procurement-Purchasing Specialist
MillerNet HR Solutions is an HR Consultancy firm working in all industries providing any HR solution for our clients across Western Canada. We also provide unique and exceptional Executive Leadership and Coaching for teams or individuals.
This is a unique dualrole with my amazing client – Raise Production Inc. Raise Production Is the Next Revolution in Oil and Gas. We have literally re-invented the conventional rod pump. Using our High Angle Lift Solution, our customers will be Maximizing rate of production, Minimizing rates of production decline and Prioritizing oil production over gas and water.
We are rapidly growing! When Raise Production hires, we look for exceptional individuals with the technical knowledge and attitude for advancing in our dynamic environment. We foster an environment that encourages and enables individuals to provide solid tangible results in their role. We provide careers, not jobs!
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Controller and Procurement/Purchasing Specialist rolled into one position reporting to the CFO. This DUAL role will be responsible for developing and implementing cost accounting systems and processes to track manufacturing costs. You accurately create annual operating budgets by department while tracking actual results. You are savvy at procuring and negotiating inventory purchases from vendors. You foster strong relationships with vendors while providing cost reports including vendor cost comparisons and anticipated costs for each company product.
- Implement and control processes for tracking production costs including all direct costs, indirect costs, inventory consumption and profitability by product using job costs in the Great Plains accounting system
- Prepare monthly costs analysis reports such as profitability reports, sales reports, production quantity reports and expense reports with related variance analysis
- Analyze overall manufacturing operations including manufacturing equipment availability and utilization and recommend changes, if required
- Accurately input all inventory movement journal entries into the Great Plains accounting system
- Complete monthly physical inventory counts and reconciliations in conjunction with the operations staff and external auditor (for year-end count)
- Maintain the cost accounting system in Great Plains and complete the month-end cost accounting close
- Create the annual operating budget in conjunction with department heads and monthly budget to actual reports including variance analysis
- Prepare process flowcharts and create procedures relating to cost tracking, inventory movements and purchasing when required.
- Generate and circulate inter-office memorandums and communications as required.
- Coordination of all activities related to the issuance and implementation of vendor contracts on a strategic level, including identifying service needs; developing contract documents and assisting with the development of scopes of work collaboratively with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to address such needs
- Generate contract savings and process improvement opportunities through on going review of spend categories
- Contractual management of the vendor contracts to ensure supplier compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreement
- Facilitation of regularly scheduled contract review meetings with the vendor and Raise’s management team to measure supplier performance against Key Performance Indicators and to identify opportunities for service improvement
- Execute and administer contracts, revise existing contracts, respond to quality management issues and renegotiation of contract fees whenever warranted
- Assist in the collection of pricing data required for business development proposals and initiatives and participate as required in the evaluation, execution and transition of such contracts
- Maintain and identify economic order quantities to manage inventory costs as well as endure adequate inventory on site at all times to support the manufacturing requirements
- Ensure all necessary approvals are obtained for material requisitions and purchase orders in compliance with Raise’s Delegation of Authority matrix before the product order is placed with the vendor
- Professional Accounting designation is required and mandatory for this role
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing environment
- MUST have high experience using and managing Great Plains or other industry standard Accounting Software
- PMAC certification/designation beneficial
- Excellent supervisory experience – 5 years
- Public company experience is an asset
- Good knowledge of procurement practices as they relate to competitive bidding and public procurement laws
- Expertise of and experience with general contract terms and conditions and with service delivery models
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel-Advanced, Word, and Outlook)
- You see a problem; you provide ideas for resolution. To innovate and create new, more efficient ways to implement projects
- Highly motivated, self-starter that is eager to join our dynamic, fast growing team
- Superior communication skills, able to motivate, mediate, mentor
- Promote the company; it’s people and talents
- A multi-task individual who has the ability to “keep a lot of balls in the air” and the willingness to roll up their sleeves and stay with a task until it is completed, even if that means working over-time
- Great personal growth potential that can keep pace with the expanding needs of the Company and business requirements
- High standards in every respect (accuracy and timeliness of reporting, maintenance of inventory management systems and control processes, relations with other departments)
- MUST be a landed immigrant or Canadian. Will not relocate
MillerNet HR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] the job title in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.