Manufacturing Controller, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA
Manufacturing Controller, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA
MillerNet HR Solutions is an HR Consultancy firm working in all industries providing any HR solution for our clients across Western Canada. We also provide unique and exceptional Executive Leadership and Coaching for teams or individuals.
This is a unique role with my amazing client – Raise Production Inc. Raise Production Is the Next Revolution in Oil and Gas. Using the Raise High Angle Lift Solution, their customers will be maximizing the rate of production, minimizing of production decline and increasing the asset value.
When Raise Production hires, they look for exceptional individuals with the technical knowledge and attitude for advancing in their dynamic environment. Fostering an environment that encourages and enables individuals to provide solid, tangible results in their role. Providing careers, not jobs!
We are currently recruiting a Manufacturing Controller reporting to the CFO. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing cost accounting systems and processes to track manufacturing costs. You accurately create annual operating budgets by the department while monitoring actual results. You are savvy at procuring and negotiating inventory purchases from vendors. You foster strong relationships with vendors while providing cost reports including vendor cost comparisons and anticipated costs for each company product.
- Implement and control processes for tracking production costs including all direct costs, indirect costs, inventory consumption and profitability by product using job costs in the Great Plains accounting system
- Prepare monthly costs analysis reports such as profitability reports, sales reports, production quantity reports and expense reports with related variance analysis
- Analyze overall manufacturing operations including manufacturing equipment availability and utilization and recommend changes, if required
- Accurately input all inventory movement journal entries into the Great Plains accounting system
- Complete monthly physical inventory counts and reconciliations in conjunction with the operations staff and external auditor (for the year-end count)
- Maintain the cost accounting system in Great Plains and complete the month-end cost accounting close
- Create the annual operating budget in conjunction with department heads and monthly budget to actual reports including variance analysis
- Generate contract savings and process improvement opportunities through an ongoing review of spend categories
- Contractual management of the vendor contracts to ensure supplier compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreement
- Maintain and identify economic order quantities to manage inventory costs as well as endure adequate inventory on site at all times to support the manufacturing requirements
- Prepare process flowcharts and create procedures relating to cost tracking, inventory movements and purchasing when required.
- Generate and circulate inter-office memorandums and communications as required.
- Professional Accounting designation is required and mandatory for this role
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing environment
- MUST have high experience using and managing Microsoft DynamicsGreat Plains or other industry standard Accounting Software
- Public company experience is an asset
- Good knowledge of procurement practices as they relate to competitive bidding and public procurement laws
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel-Advanced, Word, and Outlook)
- You see a problem; you provide ideas for resolution. To innovate and create new, more efficient ways to implement projects
- Highly motivated, self-starter that is eager to join our dynamic, fast growing team
- Superior communication skills, able to motivate, mediate, mentor
- Promote the company; it’s people and talents
- A multi-task individual who can “keep a lot of balls in the air” and the willingness to roll up their sleeves and stay with a task until it is completed, even if that means working over-time
- High standards in every respect (accuracy and timeliness of reporting, maintenance of inventory management systems and control processes, relations with other departments)
- MUST be a landed immigrant or Canadian. Will not relocate
Raise Production Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.