MillerNet HR Solutions is an HR Consultancy firm working in all industries providing any HR solution for our clients across Western Canada. We also provide excellent Executive Leadership and Coaching for teams or individuals.
Our fantastic client – geoLOGIC is a Calgary-based company that provides innovative analytic and data solutions to the Oil and Gas industry. We value a respectful and diverse workplace, believe success should be celebrated and offer numerous opportunities for growth.
Our flagship product geoSCOUT is the premier decision support tool in the industry. The geoLOGIC Data Centre (gDC) supplies customers and software partners with high-quality data in an open Public Petroleum Data Model. gDC Web is a web-based search tool which allows our customers to quickly look up well and land information anywhere they have an internet connection.
Our Database Developers in geoLOGIC’s online services group are responsible for building and supporting automated data load processes. The gDC team oversees geoLOGIC’s online data delivery and the development of the data quality assurance system for all our internal ETL processes; which primarily use custom Oracle PL/SQL supplemented by C#.
You bring 5+ years of experience developing back-end data processes. You have a strong understanding of relational data concepts, including large relational data models, procedural data processes, data delivery methods like views and materialized views, and query performance tuning. You’re self-motivated and take pride in producing a quality product. You see the value in a strong team focus. You have a passion for ensuring sure the data you’re working with is correct, useable, and fast.
How will you spend your day?
- Performance tuning of existing processes
- Debugging data errors
- Monitoring processes
- Working with the internal consumers of the data
- Collaborating with cross-functional technical teams
- Querying and performance optimization
- Building and supporting automated data load processes
- Developing new PL/SQL processes
Ready to apply? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas data
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong query and database tuning skills
- Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills
- A solid understanding of relational databases, with a preference for Oracle
- Proficiency with PL/SQL, or a similar database language (ie. T-SQL)
- Familiarity with Automated data loading experience (ie. SQL*Loader)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work under tight timelines in an operational environment
- The Microsoft development stack – including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and C# would be considered an asset
- Experience with C# would be an asset
- Superior command of English language both written and verbal. Ability to communicate technical information with clients both internal and external.
Please send your resume and cover letter with Sr. Software developer to [email protected]
MillerNet HR Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however only those that have been chosen for an interview will be contacted.