Chief Financial Officer – Calgary, AB
Chief Financial Officer – Calgary, AB
Our client is a leading provider of custom glass solutions for the built environment. They pride themselves on their innovative technology, product development, and disrupting the norm. The successful candidate will share a passion for environmental stewardship and promoting sustainable products. Reporting to the President and CEO, the CFO is an influential member of the leadership team. In conjunction with managing the daily operations of the finance, accounting, HR and administrative department, you’ll be responsible for providing strategic operational and financial direction to the organization. Specifically, the CFO will be responsible for the financial and management accounting of the company, risk management and mitigation strategies, establishing and tracking appropriate KPIs, annual insurance policy, preparation of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and five-year strategic plan, tax compliance and planning, internal controls, liaising with external auditors and corporate bankers, and the supervision of direct reports.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the focus of this position is to play a key role in formulating the company’s future direction from a financial perspective.
- Establish and maintain the company’s financial and accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Maintain external banking relationships, ensure compliance with credit facility covenants, prepare monthly bank reports and quarterly bank updates and present as necessary to the lenders.
- Be aware of and mitigate all key elements of the company’s risk profile including those related to US and international activities.
- Develop and execute financial and tax strategies to ensure the long-term financial success of the company. Evaluate alternatives and advise on appropriate ROI and valuation metrics.
- Provide recommendations to the leadership team to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop KPIs, and report findings at management meetings. Execute improvement initiatives as necessary.
- Manage the HR function including the review of the bi-weekly payroll, review policies and procedures and update as required, maintain records and understand current legislation and labour laws.
- Develop financial models, budgets and forecasts as well an analysis of actual results.
- Develop cash flow forecasts and manage cash balances.
- In conjunction with the President and CEO, arrange for debt and equity financing as well as monitoring compliance with credit facilities and reporting on same.
- Manage the accounting, purchasing, HR and administration team to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, provide consistent guidance and regular training.
- Review procurement procedures for materials, supplies and equipment. In conjunction with the Executive Vice President and COO, make any procedure or process improvements necessary.
- Oversee the employee benefit plan, with specific emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefit package.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP, applicable provincial and federal regulatory laws and rules for tax and financial reporting.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and ensure records meet the requirements of auditors, banks and government agencies. `
- Represent the organization in a professional and ethical manner to all external stakeholders. Be responsible for the ethical business practices and actions of all financial and administrative staff.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Accounting designation required, CPA CA or CPA CMA preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a CFO, Controller or VP Finance role
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central and the Microsoft Suite an asset
- Experience with the implementation and development of an ERP system highly valued
- Job costing expertise and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Proven abilities in budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent management and team leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise as a forward thinker with a big picture focus
Please apply to [email protected] with the title in the subject line along with your current cover letter. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.